The SFRPC will help assist the Region to recover quickly from the economic shock, get back to a place of economic growth, and to become more resistant to events such as this in the future by:
Identifying Issues & Solutions
- Identify the extent of economic distress caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Work with elected officials and government staff to identify solutions.
- Identify grant opportunities for economic recovery and projects.
Coordinating Partners and Working Together
- Serve as a liaison between local, state, and federal partners in order to speed the recovery process.
- Prepare economic recovery and long-term resiliency plans.
- Provide research as needed.
Developing Plans and Communicating your Vision
- Develop plans and activities that support economic diversification, job creation, capital investment, workforce development and training opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance and augment local capacity to further recovery efforts.
Implement Solutions and Become Economically Resilient
- Implement economic recovery and resilience plans with the goal of rebuilding resilient and sustainable communities throughout the South Florida Region.
- Assist with grant writing.