In August of 2020 the SFRPC was awarded the EDA CARES Act Supplemental grant to enable the Council to help the region to prepare for, prevent, and respond to existing and future impacts by expanding its economic development COVID-response activities including technical assistance, and enhancing regional planning, collaboration, and intergovernmental coordination among local governments, economic development organizations, the business community, and other key stakeholders.
The SFRPC will help assist the Region to recover quickly from the economic shock, get back to a place of economic growth, and to become more resistant to events such as this in the future by:
Identifying Issues & Solutions
- Identify the extent of economic distress caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Work with elected officials and government staff to identify solutions.
- Identify grant opportunities for economic recovery and projects.
Coordinating Partners and Working Together
- Serve as a liaison between local, state, and federal partners in order to speed the recovery process.
- Prepare economic recovery and long-term resiliency plans.
- Provide research as needed.
Developing Plans and Communicating your Vision
- Develop plans and activities that support economic diversification, job creation, capital investment, workforce development and training opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance and augment local capacity to further recovery efforts.
Implement Solutions and Become Economically Resilient
- Implement economic recovery and resilience plans with the goal of rebuilding resilient and sustainable communities throughout the South Florida Region.
- Assist with grant writing.