What is the CEDS?
The Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for South Florida is a roadmap to diversify and strengthen the regional economy of Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties. The regional CEDS will guide federal and state investment priorities and funding sources and delineate lead organizations’ responsibilities for execution of the CEDS, while bringing together public and private sectors leaders and decision-makers. This is not a plan for the Council; rather, it is a strategy for the communities and businesses of South Florida.
Goals for 2017–2021 Update
- Innovation and Competitiveness – To support programs, strategies, and data collection that contribute to the retention and the expansion of economically resilient businesses.
- Opportunity and Prosperity – To support a diversified economy through a focus on maintaining and improving workforce development programs, public infrastructure, and adaptive capacity.
- Vitality and Sustainability – To promote a high quality of life by supporting conscientious natural resource use and sustainable communities through the provision of quality education, healthcare systems, historical and cultural facilities, affordable housing, and natural open spaces.
View Regional and County Fact Sheets
Link to 2012–2017 CEDS
Please see the draft update to the South Florida CEDS for 2017-2021 using the links to the right.
UPDATE: Link to 2017–2021 DRAFT CEDS
Please click the link below to provide feedback, make recommendations, or ask questions regarding the 2017–2021 South Florida CEDS update.
2017–2021 South Florida CEDS Update Timeline
- Formulation of advisory committee
- Present Strategic Direction Plan outline and initial Evaluation Framework
- Convening of Advisory Committee to conduct SWOT Analysis
- CEDS Drafting
- Call for public comment
- Review and approval
The visualizations below accompany the PDF version of the 2017–2021 South Florida CEDS. The visualizations utilize a platform called MySidewalk.